Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Whelp, I did it.

I sure did. I quit my job. So what? you might think, but you shouldn't, because I've never had to quit an actual job before. What, were you in a convent? Did you live as a prostitute minus the pimp? Have you ever worked a day in your life? And the answers would be No, no, and kind of.
I just mean, that in all my other jobs my reason for leaving was simple - I'm moving! And all of these jobs had the expectation that I would not be staying forever, they always sort of KNEW I'd be moving, and thus, kind of awaited it. That, and the atmospheres of all my former jobs have been MUCH more casual, and MUCH more down to earth than my current "office" situation. Hell, even my real estate job in NYC was easy, mainly because I was an independent contractor and could say, "see ya!" (Though they may still have my license... hmmm. Must look into that.) Anyway, this being a "REAL" job with policies and procedures and not an open feel to it, I had to formally resign, complete with letter of resignation.
Needless to say, I was completely nervous and unsure as how this would go. The whole two days prior I couldn't concentrate and my stomach hurt. Which is weird, because I want to quit. I've wanted nothing better to do that walk out for the past 6 mos., but I stuck it out, and made it work for the time being, and so when the time came around to do the deed, you'd think I'd be more than ready, but truth is, I hate disappointing people. And I knew my boss would be disappointed. And despite the fact that I don't even really like my boss, I STILL felt bad. Ah well, life lesson and all that I suppose. It went fine. He was more than understanding and even quite nice about it. I did the professional "good" thing and painted everything in a positive light, as I am as want to do anyway, and all went fine. I have until October 5th and then I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE of "The Office: Miss Sugah Style" - and then off to the Caribbean for a month and 5 days of paradise! And while I may be cleaning toilets for the next month or so, at least I'll be in an environment that doesn't make me want to find rusty nails on the sidewalk and stick them into my eyes. Huzzah!

No comments: